Mohammad Amaan Siddiqui
Undergraduate Student at the American University of Sharjah
Major: International Studies
Intended Minors: History, Economics, and Environmental Policy
I’ve always acted on and resonated with the quote “jack of all trades- master of none, still better than a master of one.” Yet, I’ve relatively greater interest in the social sciences as I experimented different fields through study, research, competitions, and events.
Why did I start The Vigilant Mind?
The name represents people who think for themselves, and do not go with the flow of society for only dead fish go with the flow.
- I express my opinions on matters of youth relevance like mental health, personal development, social issues, community causes, political issues, certain sociological and psychological concepts, etc.
- Through my work, I intend to break people out of the chains of stigma in various fields.
- I wish to inspire, empower, and educate through my content to create other vigilant minds.
- I use this a platform to express opinions that are often unspoken and may even be controversial.
- My personal goals always include the fulfilment of the goals of my team and those around me. I write content to aid readers in personal development, self awareness, and [non-toxic] productivity.
History of The Vigilant Mind
I never gave much attention to a world outside my PlayStation prior to 2014. Greater exposure to the Palestinian crisis was a turning point in my life. It was what showed me that AK-47 holding computer bots in games weren’t the only issues I had to fix. My activism and opinions mostly circled around in Google+ and Instagram. Eventually, as I noticed that readers liked the content and a few recommended that I should ‘preserve’ it, The Vigilant Mind came to be in October 2017.
Here are a few snippets of posts that are dedicated to my journey and experiences
More About My Work
To read more about the National Leader of the Year Award, click here.
To learn more about me and connect with me, follow or contact me on my socials
To receive email updates every time a new vigilant post is published here, follow from below!
To support the blog and motivate me to do even more!
Donate and Stay Vigilant!